How to change defaults on web api?

So I am using screenly OSE like a digital picture frame - I uploaded many assets (several thousand) and manually turned them all on. I did not know that they would run for a month, and then turn off, however. Is there a way to create defaults for asset uploads? I don’t want to spend 5 hours of my time clicking each individual asset and changing the time period to “forever”.

I’ve heard that I can manually move assets over with a USB drive as well, can I change some data like that in the drive to make the assets have the correct play length?

I’ve heard from a different post that I can edit some stuff at ./screenly/server.py but I don’t know how to access the terminal from the rpi or the api, so I’m stuck.

What do I need to do to make this work? Is there a way I can automate changing all the dates? I don’t need a good solution, I just need a fast one. This would be a one-time thing.

If you’re dealing with that many assets, the best way to do this is to use the API.

You should be able to accomplish what you’re looking to do by simply listing all assets over the API and then use a PUT to alter the duration.

The API docs are available here:
https://ose.demo.screenlyapp.com/api/docs

1 Like