Can change all settings but basic authentification

I did the install from a Bullseye Lite, and it… works, except I can’t set a basic authentication. Then it gets the “Internal Server Error”.

EDIT: I can’t reboot it from the menu either.

I used the Raspberry Pi Imager, and set a new user name than the usual Pi. Does that has anything to do with anything?

This was reported in Github as well: error in setting auth in web gui · Issue #1764 · Screenly/Anthias (github.com)

The issue appears to be closed on github and I’ve updated, restarted, and hand checked the source code for the new changes. Yet it still gives me “Internal Server Error” when I try to turn on Basic under Authentication. Any assistance is appreciated.

Mine isn’t even working at all now. It’s like it’s getting worse every time I boot it. At first it showed the image I uploaded, but I wasn’t able to connect to it. The next time it got stuck on the logo and that was it.

@amichlin, thanks for raising your concern. I want to ask a few questions.

• What command(s) did you run to update Anthias?
  • Have you tried running ./bin/upgrade_containers.sh?
  • Were you able to check the latest commit’s hash?

I haven’t done anything more than the update from the install. Since it didn’t work at all, I’m now trying again, this time from just using the install from the Raspberry Pi Imager, but to no avail.

• What command(s) did you run to update Anthias?
  • run_upgrade.sh
  • Have you tried running ./bin/upgrade_containers.sh?

• I just tried upgrade_containers.sh and ran into:

WARNING: Some service image(s) must be built from source by running:
docker compose build anthias-viewer anthias-server anthias-celery anthias-websocket
4 errors occurred:
* failed to register layer: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/8/lto1: no space left on device
* failed to register layer: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libjsoncpp.a: no space left on device
* failed to register layer: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/8/lto1: no space left on device

This is a brand new install on an 8gb flash drive. There appears to be plenty of space on the drive, but I’m not sure if the disk error is on the Pi itself or with one of the VMs.

• Were you able to check the latest commit’s hash?

No. I’m fluent in python and have enough experience with git to be dangerous, but don’t know how to do that.

It seems that there’s no space left on the device, based on the console output provided.
You can get the latest commit hash by running the following:

cd ~/screenly # to make sure you're inside the repo
git rev-parse --short HEAD

@amichlin, it’s weird that the no space left error showed up even if you said that there’s plenty of space on the micro SD card. You can try running docker image prune -f first, but make sure that the containers are still running. If that doesn’t work, you can try doing docker system prune. More details can be found here.

@amichlin
If recreating all containers and starting fresh again is OK, run these commands:

stop and remove all containers:
========================
sudo docker stop $(sudo docker ps -a -q) && sudo docker rm $(sudo docker ps -a -q)

remove all docker images and docker data:
=================================
sudo docker rmi $(sudo docker images -a -q) && sudo docker system prune -a

After that you reboot and try the bash install again, then test out the auth in web GUI situation.

1 Like

Will try that as plan A. Going to nuke the whole thing and use a larger SD card for plan B. No worries either way as it is brand new and not in use yet, signage wise.

Thanks!

That did it!

Well, I had to:

sudo docker stop $(sudo docker ps -a -q)
sudo docker rm $(sudo docker ps -a -q)

sudo docker rmi $(sudo docker images -a -q)
sudo docker system prune -a

upgrade_containers.sh ran successfully and authentication is now working.

Thanks everyone!