No Network Connection Purple Screen

I am tring to set up OSE. When I start my raspberry pi, the system boots to a purple screenly screen that says “No newtork connection were found, An access point has been created. To configure WiFi networking, simply connect to the acess point using your computer or moblie device”

An SSID and password are displayed. An address is given as: screenly.io/wifi (this should be an IP address?)

The SSID appears in my WiFi network menu. I can connect to it via my MacBookPro.

So I try screenly.io/wifi in my browser and it just hangs. I try a Netstat and that hangs.

What am I supposed to be doing to get Screenly past the purple screen? I have searched high and low for an answer and have found that others have the issue, but no answers so far. This does not seem to be covered clearly in the instructions. Frustrating.

This sounds like a bug that was address here. As a workaround, I suggest you plug in the Raspberry Pi with Ethernet and run the upgrade script and switch to development version to see if that resolves the issue.