Receive Screen Output for external use

Hello There

So I’m thinking about having multiple Raspberries with Screenly installed, and to check if it is working on all Raspberries, is it possible to somehow “get” the actual Screendata (HDMI Data) and display it via Ethernet somehow?
So that I can, for example, make a Website that shows me the current “Screen” of all Screenly Raspberries like a monitoring Overview.
If one of the Raspberries has a problem, I would notice and then can fix it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Roman

Hmm… I mean off the top of my head I can think of having to run realvnc-server/x11vnc/tightvnc or something similar on all RPis, then find a way to view all of these streams under one screen… it does sound doable I guess you just have to search for that software that can take in all the RFB streams and display them in real time at once… maybe this software will work? Veyon – Cross-platform computer monitoring and classroom management

Thanks for the input.
I’ll try it out when I find some time :slight_smile:

Alright, I tried it with the VNC Viewer and that seems to work perfectly.
Thanks alot!!

Greetings Roman

@RomanCrossIT Any chance you still have the Screenly OSE build with VNC? For the life of me I can’t get a build to compile that supports VNC. Everytime I get VNC installed, Screenly shows a black screen.

@jeremythomasjulian I dont think he is using the Screenly version that uses docker images because that is harder to do since you need to build the containers with customized Dockerfiles that export/expose ports and services from container to host, and this is very technical thing to do, I tried a long time ago to write some documentation on getting this to work but it was just too much work, but doable.

Why dont you use the non dockerized version? Is there a specific need or website that doesnt work in the legacy version?