Borders on display screen please help!

Yes; I finally got the ads to show on my display that I’m going to place on top of my ATM. But why is there big huge borders. I’m using 2400x1800px on the images.

This is most likely due to one of the following things:

• The TV was off when the Raspberry Pi booted up, thus preventing it from detecting the resolution of the monitor
  • The resolution of the TV is unsupported by the Raspberry Pi (Raspberry Pis prior to Raspberry Pi 4 Model B only supports up to 1080). It’s hard to see in the photo but it looks like an ultra-wide monitor.

We generally recommend using 1080 content (i.e. 1920x1080) for best experience.

@mataatmsllc

Do you know how to SSH into the pi or using the console with ctrl+alt+f1 ?

If so, you can play around with the overscan of the TV until you get your perfect fit.

for example, the /boot/config.txt file has these to play with, try these negative numbers to see if it makes it better, you can continue with larger negative numbers, on one of my TVs I had to use -32 as the left and right one for it to fit perfectly.
Good luck, let me know how it goes.

overscan_left=-20
overscan_right=-20
overscan_top=-10
overscan_bottom=-10

Hi

I’ve got the same issue with black border, but it makes no difference when I use negative numbers in config.txt - and yes I remembered to remove the # …

The border is only with Jpg still images - when I’m using mp4 video files there’s no issue…

Hope someone can help me

Best regards
Kim

And to answer my own question, I still needed to remove the # from disable_overscan=1

Now it’s working like a charm

1 Like