Black screen after Anthias / Screenly logo

Loaded Raspi Lite OS 32 bit without desktop. Ran command line $ bash <(curl -sL https://install-ose.srly.io) and proceeded with installation. Reboot after install. Splash screen comes up after a moderately long display then goes to blank screen.
Not displaying IP address on splash screen, not booting into default images. Basically, the unit is stalled. Tried twice, different SD cards, different Pi3B boards. Same result.
When I did it last night, i had the older Screenly logo on the screen. This morning, when repeating the process, I get the new Anthias / Screenly logo.
Currently trying again with a 64bit OS. Will report back if anything changes.
Previously tried using the Balena Image available at https://github.com/Screenly/Anthias/releases/download/v0.18.4/2022-11-04-raspberrypi3.zip and the boot would stall at the splash screen again. Same issue.

Have no idea what is going on but I really would like to fix this.

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried with 32 bit and 64 bit with different SD Cards. I have also tried configuring WiFi in Raspi-Config before installing Anthias.

I did have more luck with the Balena image, but it would not allow for WiFi configuration.

@AlBoudreau
We are trying to support the legacy 32bit raspbian but it is not ready yet because of the pip version and python version that comes with it as opposed to the supported one in bullseye 64bit, so i suggest you get the latest RaspiOS Bullseye Lite 64bit image from Operating system images – Raspberry Pi

Then run the bash install script, that should work.

@Ritz
You can configure wifi two different ways in raspbian, the wpa_supplicant.conf file in /boot/ folder, or sudo raspi-config method, either one should work, you can search on the forums for someone else i helped with that wifi configuration set up and how to do so.

Here was my fix:

Specifically:

1 Like

Screenly OSE has become unusable for anyone who’s not a developer and the paid version is ridiculously priced. I’ve re-imaged my entire screenly fleet to a new solution that’s far better and far cheaper. It was very good for many many years, but there’s just not enough supporting material for your average tinkerer to launch it successfully without having to dive down many rabbit holes to learn what used to be a simple process of downloading an image and be up and running in a matter of minutes.

@miktho76
I think for an open source free solution the work that has been done on it and how it works is pretty good, support is mostly community members, not paid support, so…
It is actually very simple to download raspbian lite and install it on the Pi, then run a bash command to install screenly OSE (anthias)…
This is the preferred method because the premade images are not as up-to-date as the install via script would generate…