Can't download assets

Pretty much the title. I always get: The operation failed. Please reload the page and try again.
This is on both images and movieclips. On both Pi 3 and 4. And no, reloading the page doesn’t help. This is not a major issue, just something I noticed.

Hello, @pepeu. I’ve already fixed the issue in Screenly/Anthias#1792.

The issue has something to do with the download data not being JSON-serializable because content is in bytes. This was caused by the Python 2 to 3 migration as well.

You can try running ./bin/upgrade_containers.sh again and let’s see what will happen.
I’d love to hear back from you.

Thank you for your patience! :smiling_face:

I did, it took about two eternities. (O: It said some time-out errors occured, and said something about that I needed to:
docker compose build anthias-server anthias-websocket redis anthias-viewer
It’s up and running again, but I still can’t download images. Trying the docker compose blabla… (I have no idea what that is or what it does) now. Any idea how long it will take? It’s still running though.

[+] Building 129.0s (2/2)
 => [internal] load .dockerignore                                         48.4s
 => => transferring context: 405B                                         23.5s
 => [internal] load build definition from Dockerfile.redis                34.5s
 => => transferring dockerfile: 2B                                        15.2s
[+] Building 132.5s (2/2) FINISHED
 => [internal] load build definition from Dockerfile.server               41.0s
 => => transferring dockerfile: 2B                                        15.1s
 => [internal] load .dockerignore                                         52.0s
 => => transferring context: 405B                                         23.4s
failed to run Build function: failed to read dockerfile: open /var/lib/docker/tmp/buildkit-mount4225287617/Dockerfile.server: no such file or directory

I still can’t download assets though.

Hello, @pepeu. At the moment, you can’t run the docker compose build command.
Running ./bin/upgrade_containers.sh should work and pull the latest Docker images from Docker Hub. For instance, you can take a look at this screenly/anthias-server image.

Have you checked the console output for the anthias-viewer and anthias-server containers? Try running the following commands:

cd ~/screenly

docker compose ps -a # show all running and stopped containers

docker compose logs -f anthias-server
docker compose logs -f anthias-viewer

Kindly let me know once you’ve got anthias-server and anthias-viewer logs.

If running the commands above won’t work, you can download backup files (for later) and re-run the install script:

Part 1 - Download the backup file

• Go to the Anthias web UI.
  • Click Settings in the nav bar.
  • Scroll down to the Backup section.
  • Click the Get Backup button.
  • You should be able to download a .tar.gz archive file (for instance, screenly-backup-[timestamp].tar.gz).

Kindly refer to the screenshot below for reference:

Part 2 - Re-run the install script

Run the following commands:

cd ~/screenly
bash <(curl -sL https://install-anthias.srly.io)

Do take note that the same command is being used for upgrading Anthias, just in case running ./bin/upgrade_containers.sh doesn’t work.

If running the command above won’t work, try re-flashing the micro-SD card with Raspberry Pi OS Lite, and then re-installing Anthias from scratch. (Just make sure that you’ve downloaded a backup file.)