How do I set a password in Screenly on the new Raspberry Pi4?

Says “No such file or directory” and yet, Screenly is running my media as we speak

So I suppose that you changed to root account before running the bash command ?
Like “sudo su” before bash ?
Can you try with the “pi” account ?

Lost ya. Sorry! don’t know what you mean

I would suggest you to try one more time with the image here
Here
and the steps here:

1 Like

@kinhadthu

The fact that he says he boots to the Desktop it tells us that he is not installing Raspbian OS Lite.
He must not be following instructions specifically, or else this would all work as stated in my simple instructions.

The upgrade containers script does not work if he does not first install screenly-ose/anthias properly.
That script is only when everything is installed but the containers failed to come up initially.

Also, this Post is getting way out of the original question, this was supposed to be about setting a password on the Screenly-ose/anthias web interface, he needs to start a new post with his issue, also he is not providing what is being requested in order to help, i asked for pictures, he doesnt provide, i ask to follow specifics in 4 simple steps, and they are not being followed. This user might need some video-based or picture based instructions.

1 Like

Thank-you to all! At the moment I am back to running Stretch “2018-01-19-Screenly_OSE_4GB”. This particular image runs as expected but I am still curious why some of my Pi’s, when accessed via URL, are “blue” with limited options (OSE free version, maybe?) and others are “black” versions (OSE pro maybe??). Also, I still have some running with NOOBs IIRC-maybe that has some lingering oddities? I inherited this project and all oth these Pi’s from someone else, so that’s one reason I am not clear on a lot of what occurred previously, etc. etc.
…Going to live with this current image for a little while; maybe get back to it after the holidays.
BEST TO ALL!
.c
PS This https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/04/what-the-raspberry-pis-rainbow-boot-screen-and-rainbow-box-mean/ is the large multi-colored cube I mentioned on 12/19. ““2022-09-22-raspios-bullseye-**arm64-lite”” would get stuck on this cube screen. The usable images only show the cube for 1/2 second.

Chuck,

Please start a new post with your specific issue and maybe we can try to help you in the new year.
I think you need to understand a bit more about Screenly/Anthias before starting your post though.
Screenly OSE being blue simply means you are running an old version of Screenly OSE.
Screenly the Pro/commercial version is not Screenly-OSE, so you need to know whether you purchased the Screenly Player and subscription to the commercial version of Screenly because if you did not, you need to focus on talking about Screenly-OSE now referred to as Anthias.

When you make your new post, please post the exact model of your raspberry Pi and make sure you have read some articles on how to use the command line / terminal on raspberry Pi when Raspbian OS Lite is installed because I can tell you right now you will need to be more familiar with this method to get your Pi up and running with the latest version of Screenly-OSE/Anthias.