Installing Anthias using the Anthias OS in Imager

Hi. I have tried installing Anthias on a Raspberry Pi 4 B using the Anthias installation on the Imager. It installs but when it boots up it gets permanently stuck on the purple Anthias screen with no options for Wifi or anything else. I am unsure what to do.
Thankyou

@Simes82, have you tried to wait a bit longer? It might take a while for the downloads to be completed, you can let it sit for a while.

Some guide questions:

• Is your device connected via Ethernet or Wi-Fi? I’d recommend to connect via Ethernet.

Hi. It isn’t connected to the internet. It freezes before giving you the option to set up the wifi. It doesn’t give you the configuration options in the imager before flashing either. The pi is needed for WIFI as it won’t have ethernet access for the end result. Thanks

I tried with ethernet. It gets a little further but I have been waiting for over 2 hours now and still has the black screen with the fish (at least I think it looks like a fish) symbol. The pi has a flashing link light. Should it be taking this long? Thanks

I have got it working on ethernet. How do I configure wifi? Thanks

@Simes82, yes, installing via the Raspberry Pi Imager might take that long since updates are being downloaded as well.

About the Wi-Fi connectivity, have you tried turning your device off, removing the Ethernet cable, then turning the device back on? You should see a Wi-Fi setup page on your screen. If not, a fix might be necessary to make it work.

As an alternative, you can install Anthias via an installation script (to be run on a device running Raspberry Pi OS Lite). I recommend to install the latest OS version (Bookworm), if you wouldn’t mind doing some extra steps. All you need is one command:

bash <(curl -sL https://install-anthias.srly.io)

@Simes82, the Wi-Fi setup should Ideally work on both BalenaOS and Raspberry Pi OS versions. Should it fail, you can refer to the following documentation for setting up Wi-Fi manually on Anthias running on Raspberry Pi OS Lite: Anthias/docs/wifi-setup.md at master · Screenly/Anthias · GitHub

Hi. Unfortunately it doesn’t come up with the Wifi setup. It comes up with ‘internal server error’ instead when booted up without the ethernet cable. Thanks

I will try the Bookworm build. I tried bullseye first and could get SSH to work. Is SSH needed to upload signage files to anthias over WIFI?

Thanks. I installed it but it seems to boot to the prompt and not automatically load up Anthias. Also, will I need to use SSH to upload displays over the network, the Public keys aren’t being accepted? Thank you

@Simes82,

• Have you tried installing Anthias using the command?
  • If so, you might’ve encountered an issue during the installation process.
  • Would you be able to provide console logs of the installation process?

Hi. I’ve given up and found another solution using poster booking. I want to thank you for all of your help. You have been very decent and kind. Thank you